The Henry Family

Sunday, December 16, 2012

The First Day of School 2012

On August 21st, Nathan, Madeline, and Will started a new school year.  Nathan's job for the district has changed somewhat.  He will still be the Instructional Technology Director, but he will also be teaching 5 technology classes at the High School.  So, this year, he also had to set up a classroom.  This kids love going up to the high school with him.  Will loved his desk and laptop:)

 It was a fun day because my mom was still in town from the Baptism!  She was a big help in getting everyone ready that morning.  Here they are together, ready for Kindergarten and 2nd grade!
 Madeline looks so cute in her glasses, although the glare is a bit of a problem in pictures:)  We had just gotten her hair cut short again.
 Will was a little nervous and silly that morning but so excited to carry his big backpack and new lunchbox with dinosaurs on it!
 Here is Madeline at her desk.  She has Mrs. Lyons and was excited to see a lot of familiar friends in her class.
 Will was so excited to have a locker of his own!
 I worried he would be clingy as he is my more shy child.  But, he walked right in, put up his backpack and was ready to sit right down!  His teacher, Mrs. Ponder, told him he could sit wherever he wanted and he chose a table with some children he had gone to preschool with.  He did not seem upset at all and my mom and I were able to leave him with no issue at all.  He sure has grown up!


It was so strange to go back home to my quiet house with just Mallory.  My mom left that morning to go back home right after we took the kids to school.  I was a little sad not to be going to pick 
will up after lunch like I did for 4K.  I couldn't wait to pick them up!  They both walked out with smiles on their faces and were excited to tell me about their days.  I am so glad it was such a good experience for them both and look forward to a great school year!

No comments: