The Henry Family

Friday, September 30, 2011

Celebrating Madeline!

On September 22, my baby girl turned 7 years old! I can hardly believe it. It just sounds way too old:(

She talked about her birthday for weeks and the build up was really cute. Her birthday fell on a Thursday and she asked me to make peace sign and tie-dye cookies. I think they turned out pretty well and the class said they were delicious!








That night, we had brownies instead of a traditional cake because we were having cake at her birthday party in a few days.








Then, with the help of all her friends, she and her birthday buddy, Haley, had a fun-filled gymnastics party! Even Uncle Robbie, Uncle John, Aunt Lindsey and Emma came into town for the party. The turnout was huge and they all enjoyed playing in the gym, eating cake, and opening some fun and thoughtful gifts.
I feel so blessed that she has so many good friends here and that they were all willing to take time away from watching the Razorback game to come have fun together!

























































Dear Madeline,

Seven years sounds like such a short time, but it has gone by so quickly. Time sure flies when you are having fun with such an amazing little girl.

You are now in 1st grade and are an amazing student. Your teacher says you are really responsible, friendly, and an amazing reader! You are very sweet to your friends and have such a good heart. You don't like to see others left out and view everyone as a friend. You have a strong sense of right and wrong and are such an honest girl. When you do something wrong, you can't stand waiting to come clean about it. You come to me immediately to confess, a personality trait I hope will stay with you in your teenage years:) You love to play pretend: dress up, babies, Barbies, and school. You love to turn on Disney Channel songs to learn the words and make up dances. You are very goal-oriented and like to get things done rather than putting it off. You are getting much better about cleaning up after yourself and doing things to help around the house. You love to help take care of Will and anyone, really. You say you can't wait to be a Mommy and I take that as a compliment because I must make it look like so much fun:) Right now, you want to be either a doctor, nurse, or veterinarian when you grow up. You love dance and gymnastics even more than ever and show quite a bit of talent in those areas. You are working hard to master your standing back hand spring, and I am impressed by how brave you are! This year has been so fun for us! I love my big girl and how my job as a parent changes as you grow. I can't wait to see what this next year holds for us. I love you so, so, so much!!!

No comments: