The Henry Family

Sunday, September 25, 2011

Labor Day Fun!

We were so excited about Labor Day this year because we knew it would be a great chance to see family. Nana and Pawpaw decided to make a trip from Spokane to see everyone and we couldn't wait! After making a quick stop in Texarkana to check on the Pesek family, they came on Sunday to spend a few days with us. We met up at church and then just hung out afterward. Both kids taught their grandparents a thing or two on the i-pad and they were impressed!


Pawpaw even took a new family picture for us. We are so bad about remembering to take them and are enjoying the new picture.
Later we grilled out and discussed our plans to get together with some friends and my brothers the next day.

Unfortunately, my Mema had a major medical emergency that night and my parents had to rush back to be with the family.
We decided to cancel most of our Labor Day plans with my Mema in such critical condition but Robbie and Emma still came for the day so that the cousins could enjoy playing together. Madeline and Emma especially had a great time together! They sure love each other lots:)

On a side note, I decided to make fun summer cookies because I always look at Labor Day as a final celebration of summer. I thought the lemons and limes were a cute summer theme and my first big attempt at wet on wet decorating with Royal Icing. Even though the BBQ didn't happen for our family, we still enjoyed sharing them with family and friends and they were delicious!

No comments: