The Henry Family

Sunday, October 2, 2011

What I forgot to blog about in Sept.

I was looking through a bunch of pictures and realized I missed a couple of things that the kids did in September.
A few weeks into 4 year old preschool, Will was assigned his first project. He had to turn a white paper doll into a person that looked like him. Here is Will with the finished product. Nathan and I did a lot of the work but we did find several things that Will was able to do as well:) He was very proud!
When I took Will's picture, Madeline wanted me to take one of her in the new outfit her Nana had sent in the mail. We sure love Nana's care packages! She may be far away, but she is so good about spoiling her grand kids anyway:)

On the same day as Madeline's birthday, Will had his first school field trip. The Union County Fair was going on and his class went to check out the animals. It was so nice to be able to sign up to help drive the kids. We had Will's friend Zoe ride with us.
First, we checked out the chickens and rabbits. Will thought this was pretty neat!

Then, we went into the main building where the larger animals like cows, goats, sheep, and pigs were. Unfortunately, they had very large fans running for circulation and cooling. Those fans put Will's sensitive ears on overload. He liked seeing those animals but this is what he did with his hands for the entire time we were in there, poor guy!
We ended the trip with a stop at the snow cone booth. Here is everyone enjoying a strawberry snow cone. It cracks me up that Will somehow ended up sitting by all of the girls!
I am truly loving getting to be more available for all of these smaller events in my kids' lives! I am also loving having more time to blog about it:)

No comments: