The Henry Family

Sunday, February 19, 2012

Merry Christmas!

Okay, so I am not doing that great of a job catching up! Here is Christmas:

Now that my parents live thousands of miles away from us kids, we had to come up with a new plan for Christmas this year. Robbie had since moved back to Little Rock, so we decided to do most of the festivities at his house. We were so blessed to get to spend Christmas with my parents, both brothers and their families, and Grandma and Grandpa Taylor! We all gathered on Christmas Eve in our "nice clothes" to go to the Children's Mass at the Cathedral.

Nana couldn't resist getting her grand babies matching outfits! They looked so cute!
Mass was beautiful and such a wonderful celebration of our Lord's birth. It truly reminded us all what Christmas is truly about!


After mass, we allowed the kids to open one gift, which was, of course, Christmas pajamas!
Then, it was time to spread our Reindeer food on Uncle Robbie's front lawn!
My dad continued my Pepa's tradition of reading, "Twas the Night Before Christmas" to the grand kids and they just loved it! He was rewarded with sweet kisses before the kids went to bed:)


Both kids put a lot of thought into what they wanted Santa to bring them this year. Santa did a great job of making it happen! Here are Madeline's gifts. We ask Santa not to wrap so that they can enjoy and play right away!

Here are Will's gifts. Everything was such a big hit and they had such a good time playing while Nathan and I made brunch for the rest of the family who was coming over to open family gifts.

We had our usual 7 up biscuits, hash brown casserole, egg and sausage casserole, and Lindsey made delicious cheese grits. Are we Southern or what! Robbie and Emma enjoyed it all:)

My family has always been very organized when it comes to opening gifts. We all have to wait until everyone is done eating and one person opens at a time, starting with the youngest. Sometimes its really hard to wait!

Finally, it started! This is the last year Will will be first:) He will have 2 baby cousins who will go next year:)
Here is a shot of the whole crew. It makes my heart fill with joy to be with all of the people I love on such a special day!!!

Later, after lots of playing and enjoying new toys, we moved over to John and Lindsey's house for a delicious Christmas dinner. This was the first year the meal was prepared by my brother's, Nathan, and I. I think we did a great job. We had pork roast with gravy, baked cinnamon apples, broccoli and cheese casserole, green bean bundles, sweet potatoes, mashed potatoes, rolls, and many desserts made by Lindsey, Grandma Taylor and I. It was a lot of food and it was sooooo good!!!

The kiddie table: We will forgive Emma for the Longhorn sign:) Us Razorbacks know where our loyalties lie:)
My dad took a picture of his plate:)

It was such a great holiday. I was so thankful that my nausea was starting to get better by this point. I was able to eat and only felt bad occasionally which was a great improvement! I can't wait for next year when John and Lindsey's baby and our new addition will add to the joy and excitement!

No comments: