The Henry Family

Sunday, February 19, 2012

December fun!

This post is just a bunch of random, but important, events that happened in December:

Right after returning from our Thanksgiving trip, I had my first doctor's appointment for this pregnancy. I had contact with my doctor about the nausea but this was the first time I actually had an appointment. I was not supposed to have an ultrasound as I was only 10 weeks, but he had trouble finding the heartbeat on the Doppler. He felt that everything was fine, my placenta was just making it hard to hear the tiny heartbeat. To ease my worries, he did an ultrasound and it was such a joy to see our sweet baby moving around and that precious beating heart! My due date is July 1, but due to hospital policy, I will have to have a repeat c-section this time around. They usually schedule it 7 to 10 days before the due date, so we should have a June baby. I am not thrilled about having another c-section but am not willing to travel out of town to attempt a VBAC because I would have to travel very far to achieve that:(

By this point, the nausea was starting to get a little better. I had finally stopped losing weight and was down to taking only 1 to 2 Zofran per day.

When it rains, it pours sometimes! The day before Madeline was scheduled to have her tonsils removed, we had a call from her school nurse informing us that she had failed her vision test. We had to wait until she was fully recovered, but then took her to our eye doctor, who found that she is nearsighted in both eyes, just like her Daddy. We took her to Walmart to pick out some frames. She was excited but a little nervous about getting used to wearing them. I think she looks so cute and studious! She has been so excited about how much better she can see now. I don't think she realized just how bad her vision was until she got her glasses, bless her heart!
We live in a small town that has a wonderful Arts Center. In November, we were informed that they had decided to bring in the Shreveport Ballet Company to perform the Nutcracker with our amazing South Arkansas Symphony in December. The Ballet invited all young dancers in our area to audition for several parts. Madeline was so excited! She tried out to be a mouse and was accepted! They had a few rehearsals and the performance was amazing. The girls did such a great job and the Symphony's music was just beautiful. Unfortunately, we were not allowed to take pictures during the performance, but here is a snapshot of the little mice just before. Madeline was so cute! She was the smallest and youngest mouse, so she was easy to pick out on the stage:)
I am so glad that she has now had this exposure to the Arts and am thankful that our community feels it is important to find opportunities for our children to experience in this area!
Right before Christmas, our tradition is to take both children to chose an angel from our local Angel Tree. They both chose a child their same age and gender and had such a good time choosing just the perfect gifts for them! I love that they have such giving hearts and get so excited to help other children. Here is Will helping me deliver everything to the Salvation Army. He was such a big help!

Next on the big catch up. . . Christmas!

No comments: