The Henry Family

Sunday, September 7, 2008

Back to School

Well, you can tell the school year has started because I haven't posted anything in weeks! We have all been busy getting back into the swing of things after a relaxing summer.



Maddie and Will have adjusted pretty well to their daycare and like being around the other kids. They both have such great teachers that it was not a hard transition. Madeline is already learning so much and shares amazing information everyday when we pick her up. Friday, she sang this cute little song about the letter "M" and then listed off about 15 different things that started with the letter "M." She also started dance on Thursday. She takes a combo ballet and tap class and then an hour of gymnastics. She is loving it and can't wait to go back next week. Will is the big guy in his class but has fun playing with the other babies. When he starts walking, they will probably move him from the baby room to the toddler room. He's working on eating with a spoon and is starting to say more words everyday. He's growing up so fast!



Nathan has had a good start to the year. Having a year of experience under his belt has made his job much easier this year. I can tell that he is such a great teacher when we see his students around town and they all stop and talk. You can tell they really like and respect him.



I am back to teaching 1st grade and am enjoying being back in the classroom. I have a really great group of kids and really enjoy the people I work with. It is tough to juggle everything in my life but I am really happy that I have a job that really makes a difference and I enjoy making the most of my quality time with Maddie and Will in the mornings, afternoons, and evenings.



I will try to post some pictures later but think I am going to enjoy a Sunday afternoon nap before my kids wake up from theirs:)

No comments: