The Henry Family

Thursday, September 25, 2008

Will's passion

My son has an addiction! It is food. He is willing to eat at all times and almost anything. When his meal is over, he usually cries as if he has lost a loved one. I always have to remind people of this when they keep him because they might worry that something is wrong or feed him more than he needs. I forgot to tell someone once, and they were baffled and panicked trying to figure out what was wrong. Because of this passion, I worry that he will overeat and get sick or learn bad habits that could cause him to have a weight problem later. I know, I worry about crazy things and my mother and mother-in-law think I should just feed him whenever he acts hungry. I have just never seen a baby quite like this. If you know one, let me know so that I don't feel so alone in this paranoia.
Also, when you give him a cup, he never just sips. He drains it in one sitting and then keeps trying over and over again to get more out. You cannot pry the cup out of his hands until he feels he has checked it enough. He is very well hydrated but apparently feels he needs much more!

Maybe he has been so late to walk because all of the time other kids spend trying to figure out walking, Will is scheming on how to get more food and drink! :)

1 comment:

Susan said...

I commend you on all these posts. I must confess, I haven't checked in on ya'll in awhile because of your previous lack of updating (hehe, jk), but am pleased to see all the pics and writing! Bauer is pretty much an identical eater to Will. Mom said she went to check on him once at MDO; all the babies were asleep, he was sitting in the highchair shoving down cheerios happy as a lark. Yesterday, he downed a whole sippy cup in one sip. I was amazed. Set used to eat a lot, but not doesn't have time to sit long enough to eat a whole meal. Too much to do!