The Henry Family

Monday, October 31, 2011

Last Week and Halloween!

Last week, Madeline had her first Honor Roll Awards ceremony. Her school waits to start this until 1st grade. Here she is on the stage after getting her Principal's List ribbon for making all A's in the first quarter. Of course she is talking with a friend:)
Oh, and the kids at our school are not always so color-coordinated, it was Red Ribbon Week and they were supposed to wear red on this day.
Then, they announced all of the 1st graders who had earned 5 or more Accelerated Reader points. Once again, Madeline is visiting with a friend:)
They then announced that Madeline had the most in the whole grade!!! She had 12 more points than the next child. We are so proud of her hard work and glad that she is already such an avid reader.

We also had our church's Trunk or Treat last Wednesday. Nathan and I had to work a booth, so we did not get any pictures on my camera. If I can ever figure out how to download my i-phone pictures to my computer, I could post a few:)
Last night, I did some cookie decorating for Will's preschool Halloween party. I decided to go with spider webs and candy corn. I thought they looked really cute!

Here are the snacks the moms set up. Everything was a big hit and I was especially grateful to Larry's Pizza who had an employee come in early to make sure our pizza was ready to pick up by 10:15! They were so nice about it!

Tonight, I tried a new picture taking technique. . . I let them do funny poses first in the hopes that they would be willing to take a nice picture afterward.

Will has been making this face all day! He says it's his "monster face." This was the first year we let him pick out his own costume. It was hard for this planning mommy, and it is not the costume I wanted, but it was worth it. He was so proud to wear this "Mater" costume:)
This is Madeline's standard funny face:) We used mostly items she already had to make a cute witch costume. She enjoyed it! It is a lot harder to find an appropriate girl's costume now that she is getting older:(
Guess what? The funny face pictures worked!!! The final picture turned out to be so cute! They have grown up so much in the last year:)

2010

2011

I hope everyone had a great Halloween! We had a good time trick-or-treating with some friends and the kids are already planning their costumes for next year:)

1 comment:

Mike, Kacy & Wells said...

Cute costumes! Maybe I will try your silly pictures to get a serious one idea . . .