The Henry Family

Sunday, January 31, 2010

A Typical Sunday

Now that I have a working camera, I'm going to try to blog more. I still love looking back on old posts and realized that I have gotten worse and worse about posting lately. I do this to preserve our memories and want to make sure I keep up.
This is my old digital camera, so the pictures are not quite as good in quality as my other camera. As I've said before, the old card reader and rechargeable battery on my regular one went out and, because we are doing the Dave Ramsey plan, I just can't justify replacing them when my old camera will do just fine. Oh, by the way, because of the plan, we now own Nathan's education! Just 2 more pieces of debt (besides our home) to go!

I thought it might be fun to show what goes on in our house on a typical Sunday. First, of course, we go to church, then come home and eat lunch. Then we all take naps (Nathan only sometimes). Maddie especially likes this as she and I take a nap together in the "big bed" which is a special treat because she and Will do not sleep with us in our bed any other time.
After the naps, we try to truly have a peaceful relaxing day of rest as God intended. We try not to schedule anything.
Here I am after a stroll around the neighborhood. Notice, I am growing out my hair. I was originally going for the angled bob but am enjoying having some length after so many years and think I might like to let it grow more and get some long layers. It's kind of hard to see what it really looks like because I pulled back the front for my walk due to the windy weather.
Nathan did not really want me to document his Sunday, as he is kind of camera shy when he is wearing his glasses. Here he is loading the dishwasher. He is such a good husband. When I went back to teaching we agreed to split the housework more evenly. He took the dishes and I do all the laundry. It's a pretty fair trade and he is good about it. We cook more on the weekend so it's hard for the poor guy to take a break from the dishes on Sunday. I had to sneak this picture:)
A little bit later, I snuck this picture of him taking a rest on the couch. He was not happy, poor guy is so mistreated:)
Madeline likes to just play freely with her toys on Sunday. Here she is in her room with all of her baby stuff spread out all around her. She is such a nurturer. Excuse the hair. We also don't worry too much about such things on our day of rest:) This is how it looked when we woke up from our nap, and this is how it stayed:)
Will broke the day of rest by sporting his Handy Manny gear and doing some home improvement projects in the living room.
Notice the Spray N' Wash in the background. Laundry is the one chore I do on Sunday. With 2 busy adults and 2 busy kids, there is just no way around it:)
I am so thankful for Sunday's with my family. I can't think of anything better than spending the morning worshiping God and the afternoon enjoying His blessing of a day of rest. It's always just what I need to prepare my self for the week ahead.

1 comment:

Mike and Katie said...

It fun to hear from you! That's great that you guys are following Dave Ramsey's advice. I hate having debt and paying interest. It just annoys me. Unfortunately not every one in my house is willing to live so sacrificially so as to avoid it.

We do pretty good. We only have our mortgage and the small amount of credit card debt that we seem to end up carrying every December. It's not because we Christmas shop, but that's just when life catches up with us. We always find ourselves anxious for the tax refund to come in.

Have a great week!