The Henry Family

Saturday, January 2, 2010

Halloween 2009

It was so fun to have both kids really get into Halloween this year. Last year, they were Dorothy and the scarecrow and Will was not into it at all. I'm not sure how to link to old posts, but if you are curious about those pictures, feel free to check Oct. 2008.
Madeline received a fairy costume from her Uncle Robbie, Aunt Gina, and Emma and decided it would make a good costume. I went to Goodwill and found all the pieces needed to make Will into a precious pirate. He also had a pirate hat but would not wear it.
I love this picture because, if you look on the left side, they are holding hands. Will was excited every time we put the costume on and just kept saying, "Cheese!" when we took his picture. Again, this was a nice change from last year!
This next shot actually caught him saying, "Cheese" with his little lisp. It also showcases his sword that I am still amazed he kept tucked into his belt at all times.
Here's Maddie showing off her beautiful wings. She was a little upset that she had to wear a sweater due to cool temperatures. I still think she looked adorable!
Again, just adorable!!!
Here's a full shot of Will. This may be one of the most practical and cute costumes I have ever put together, yet so simple and inexpensive!
They loved doing some quick trick-or-treating and enjoyed their parties at school as well. We are already planning our costumes for next year!

1 comment:

Susan said...

Setler was a pirate too, but from Children's Place and I like yours better. Neither his hat nor sword made it past the first house trick-or-treating, so I am impressed with Will. He still plays with the sword a lot though! Madie is precious in her fairy costume. I remember being a Egyptian girl one year and was so upset my mom made me wear a turtle neck under my top which was SUPPOSE to show my belly! Ahhh, MOMS!