The Henry Family

Sunday, May 10, 2009

Madeline is a Star!

This year was Madeline's first year to take dance and gymnastics. We debated about whether to start earlier, but her recital this weekend made us glad we waited. She really learned a lot a knew her dances well. She made me so proud with the mature way she stood on that stage and was not intimidated at all. She was just beautiful.

Our dance studio decided a while ago to split the performances into 3 different recitals as it was lasting until midnight when they did them all together.
So, Saturday afternoon was gymnastics. Maddie's class theme was Wonder Woman. It was so fun to see these little 3 and 4 year olds in these cute costumes. She had such a great straddle roll, cartwheel, back bend, and toe-touch. We had to tape the boots to the tights on her little bitty legs but they held!


Saturday night was the tap/clogging/jazz recital. Maddie's class danced to a cute song about eggs and Easter. They were precious in their yellow dresses. We were worried about the hat (not pictured here) but it also held with some creative bobby-pinning. This was her favorite dance and she sang the song and did all her steps just right. She was especially excited about having her hair curled!

Today was the ballet/lyrical/point recital. Maddie's class did a dance to a really sweet song about nightlights and going to sleep. They even had their own battery nightlights that they danced with. This was my favorite dance and it made me tear up just watching how sweet they were. She looked so grown up with her hair in a bun and she was so graceful!
We did video tape each performance but didn't want to upload all of that right now. Also, I prefer to watch the actual performance instead of spending it behind a camera snapping pictures so we don't have any pictures of the performance on my camera. My dad did come and take some great pictures during her dress rehearsal. I will try to upload them the next time we head out to their new house in the country:)

Maddie left each recital excited about what the big girls did and learning those things herself someday. I'm so glad she has found an activity that she enjoys so much. She did not complain one bit even with all the waiting and watching. She just soaked it all in and loved it! I'm just so proud:)





2 comments:

Mike, Kacy & Wells said...

Yes, I am from JC. I took dance at the Dance Connection & remember those recitals that lasted until midnight. I loved them too. Maddie is adorable. I am excited to get to keep up with your family!!

Susan said...

Precious! Is she even wearing some make-up in that second pic? I think I see the hint of blush.

Glad you're at peace with your decision to keep working. We can do our during-the-week visit this summer...late July or August, Set and I would love to come down and spend a couple days with the Henrys.