The Henry Family

Monday, January 21, 2013

Family Photo Shoot

In October, my brothers and I gathered our families to have pictures made as a gift for our parents and grandparents.  It was not the best experience but we were able to get some good shots of everyone. Our family members loved their gifts, so it was worth all of the chaos:)  I tried hard to get these all in some kind of logical order but Blogger was making that very difficult, so bear with me!

Some fun pictures of the "big kid" cousins:

I love the look on Will's face here.  He could not seem to jump at the same time as the girls, but at least his hands are up:)  I'm impressed with Madeline's jump.  That girl has some 'ups!

Sweet individual pictures:

Love Madeline's eyes here.  Just so strikingly beautiful and the missing tooth makes it even more precious!
This picture of Will is my favorite of the whole session.  It just captures him perfectly and makes my heart melt!
Sweet little Mallory:
Robbie's little girl Emma with her beautiful brown eyes!
Love Lucy's little half smile, just so adorable!
Oh the fun of trying to get the whole group.  It seemed like there was always someone not looking:)
I think this was the one we went with for my grandparents:
Except for the phantom hand on Madeline's stomach, this was one of the very best pictures!  We had it blown up, cropped, and framed for my parents and they were blown away by the sweet faces!
The babies were so calm and cooperative:)
Mallory's face cracks me up in this group shot:
I'm not sure why photographers love the jumping shots so much but at least it gives us something to laugh at after the chaos of the photo shoot:) The three guys in the back are the best part!
Funny faces!

My favorite shot of our family.  I am so glad to have a new blog header!
Trying to get a shot of all the kiddos sitting up, but it was tough with 2 babies that couldn't sit up yet.
My three babies!  I wonder what Mallory is so focused on?
Our other family shot.  It's okay, but I like the other one better, less posed:)

We were exhausted and cold afterward.  I'm not sure we will do it again for awhile.  This is the first time we have ever had professional pictures done of our family, outside of church pictures.  I am enjoying the few pictures I like but am not sure it was worth the trouble or expense.  Maybe next time we can find a more reasonable photographer who is better at handling family shoots!

2 comments:

Krista said...

Love the idea of outside photos on a pretty quilt. You have a beautiful family.

Krista said...

Love the pictures on the pretty quilt. Great idea and a beautiful family you have.