The Henry Family

Friday, October 31, 2008

Happy Halloween!

We have had a lot of fun preparing for Halloween this year. Each year, as our kids get older, Halloween gets more and more fun.
Thursday night, we carved/painted our pumpkins so they would still be fresh on Halloween night. Will would only try to eat the acrylic paint, so he had to hang out on the sidelines. He was pretty interested and just cruised around to observe.
He is still so happy to crawl that he may not decide to walk anytime soon. But, if he is this happy and precious, who cares! I just love those big brown eyes!

Nathan, once again, did a great job carving our big pumpkin. Maddie said she wanted a scary pumpkin this year, so he did his best.

Maddie was very into painting her pumpkin and ended up painting every surface. She gave special attention to the stem.

Here is Madeline's finished pumpkin.

And, here is the finished family pumpkin. How scary!

Since acrylic paint is not known for being good to eat, I painted Will's pumpkin for him. He was the artistic inspiration, though.

Today, we woke up extra early and Maddie kept saying, "I'm just so excited today!" She would say this at random times with such enthusiasm that Nathan and I cheered up and got excited with her (even though Halloween is not as fun for teachers). She dressed up as Dorothy this year and Will was her sidekick, the Scarecrow. I think she really looked the part. Excuse the crazy eyes. The red eye removal on my Paint Shop program leaves something to be desired (or I just haven't figured out the right way to use it. . . which is entirely possible).

Will is officially at the age where getting a good picture is impossible! He didn't want to stand or sit, so we did the best we could to capture his scarecrow cuteness. The costume included a really cute hat with a crow on top, but he wouldn't wear it.
When I chose to dress them as Dorothy and the Scarecrow, I had wonderful visions of all the cute pictures we could take.
Well, this was the best we got. Maddie tried her best, but Will was not having any of this posing stuff!

They wore their costumes to school and changed after the school carnival. They were both given really cute Halloween shirts and I wanted to show them off.

Thanks Karen and Gina for the shirts!

I hope everyone enjoyed their Halloween just as much. We only had three trick-or-treaters, which is probably good because Will started crying every time the door bell rang! He ended up going to bed before 8:00.
After we went trick-or-treating, Maddie and Nathan changed and headed out to the high school football game. Go Wildcats!














4 comments:

Mike and Katie said...

Your red-eye reduction is hilarious! Seriously wouldn't have looked closer if you hadn't mentioned it!

Ours is goofy sometimes and only blackens one pupil, but your is awesome!

Great costumes. In the town I grew up, she could dress up like Dorothy every summer!

Katie

Susan said...

Great costumes and pumpkins. We were lame this year and didn't even carve ours...that way it lasts as decorations til Thanksgiving, right? I'm sure that won't fly with Setler in the years to come!

Nicole said...

WOW! Staying at home is my ultimate goal too. I need to remind myself of your comment every time I hear Target calling!

4under3 said...

Oh!! Dorothy and Scarecrow??? So cute and creative. And, yes, I get high hopes for a perfect photo of our 4 looking at the camera, but it never happens that way.

Your children are so precious!


Tiff