The Henry Family

Monday, October 6, 2008

A Cute Diaper-Clad Baby and Other Pictures

I love taking and having lots of pictures of my family. Our camera is not always the easiest to work with but is small and portable for all occasions.
Here are a few snapshots from this weekend.
Will had just majorly messed up his clothes after a snack of soy peanut butter and crackers. When I was changing him, I noticed that he was hot and sweaty as it had warmed up to about 80 degrees since I had dressed him that morning. So, I decided to let him cool off and he was as happy as a clam. He even did a little light reading with his faithful sippy cup nearby just in case he needed to check for anymore juice, later.
Maddie loves to listen to Laurie Berkner songs in the playroom. When the Boots Song came on, she ran into the living room, and said, "Mama, I have to get my boots on right now!" She just got these Hello Kitty Rain Boots from her Nana and we have not had a drop of rain since. She was itching to get a chance to use them and decided this song was good enough. I had a hard time capturing a good shot of her dancing and bouncing but you get the general idea.
The boots in all their glory!!!
Now, I'm not one to dress my family in matching outfits but little did I know that Nathan is. On Sunday, he got Will dressed for church and then came out later wearing the same outfit. Everyone at church assumed this was my doing, but Nathan owned up to his part in the planning. It was too cute to resist a quick picture.
Maddie was feeling left out so Nathan got this picture of "the girls." It made me realize how rarely I am in pictures with my kids. I'm usually the one taking the pictures. I love this picture of my sweet girl and I!



2 comments:

Susan said...

Super cute twinsies! Yes, I understand, I'm NEVER in pictures either. You look great!

Mike and Katie said...

Re: Your question on MckMama's blog. First of all, ask your husband what he thinks. Second, I wondered if we should persue adoption when we still had debt and happened upon a Larry Burkette broadcast. He said, "The most important thing is people. Being debt-free is a way to serve God, but people are the most important thing."

In this case, being at home with your children; being able to train them and win their hearts may be more important at this time. Besides, you may be suprised by how staying at home can save you money.

But again, above all honor your husbands wishes.

Katie