The Henry Family

Friday, April 20, 2012

Pregnancy Update

I am still busy trying to catch up the blog so that, as our family scrapbook, it will be in order.  But, I thought I would break the order up a little bit and give a quick pregnancy update.

I am currently almost 30 weeks (this Sunday).  Since week 14, I have not had anymore nausea, praise God!!!  I have felt much more like myself and love taking care of everybody after they did such a good job of taking care of me and everything else.  I have gained 21 lbs so far which is lower than I was at this point with Madeline and Will.  Right now, I am starting to really feel the aches and pains of this 3rd pregnancy:)  My lower back and hips are very lose and get sore easily.  I have had some slight swelling in my feet and fingers but it is very minor.  Overall, I look farther along than I am, so I am always being asked if I am due any day, a frustrating question when I still have about 9 more weeks to go!

At the beginning of March, we had our 2nd ultrasound with my doctor and found out we are having a girl!  Madeline wanted a baby sister badly, so we were excited for her.  Nathan and I had no preference either way and knew we would be thrilled either way:)  To tell Madeline, I surprised her at lunchtime with a special dessert.  It was in a brown bag and I told her it would tell her if we were having a boy or girl.  When she opened the bag, she screamed and was so excited to see that pink cupcake:)  After much debate (Nathan and I have very different tastes in baby names), we have decided to name her:

Mallory Sue

We both loved the sound of Mallory and liked that it wasn't too common of a name but not too out-of-the-box either.  My Mema's middle name was Sue and we wanted to honor her by using that name.  All of our kids have a least one family name, so we have kept that tradition alive.

We are excited to be on the count down and are working hard to prepare for her arrival.  Here are a few pictures of the new girls room and Will's big boy room:

 Madeline got a new mattress and headboard.
 All we have left in their room is to touch up paint and hang pictures and wall decor.
 Sorry about the quality of these pictures!  They were taken with my phone:)  Will is loving his boy room and I love how the color turned out with the bedding he already had.

Except for Madeline's bed and paint, we did not spend any money changing up the rooms.  We just made a point to use what we already have!  It was hard, as I love decorating, but we are trying hard to stay focused on our needs more than the wants as we prepare for our family to grow!

1 comment:

Mike, Kacy & Wells said...

I love her name! The rooms look awesome - you did a great job. And since I'm behind on reading blogs, I also am impressed with Will's train creation and can't believe how big Madeline is getting. Hope these next few weeks are easy on you, Momma!