The Henry Family

Friday, March 30, 2012

A few February things I missed. . .

I knew I had more Valentine's Day pictures and finally got them all uploaded.
That morning, I made the kids heart cinnamon rolls and they were a big hit!
They dug right in with smiles on their faces:)
After eating and getting dressed for school, the kids got to open all of their cards and gifts their grandparents and great-grandparents sent them. Will loved his card!

He was so excited about the new Bob books Nana sent now that he is starting to read on his own!
Madeline earned a pajama pass at school for good behavior, so she is actually ready for school. She just changed into clean heart/peace sign p.j.'s:) She loved her cards and liked that Granny sent a dollar to get an Icee after school!
Nana sent her 2 new American Girl books. She was given the doll, Molly for Christmas and was so excited to get 2 new Molly books to read!!! I still can't believe is reading these on her own at her age. When I looked them up, they are on a 4th grade reading level, wow!!!
A few days later, as I was doing things around the house, I noticed that Will was really quiet and absorbed in what he was doing. So, I went into the living room and saw this:

We have a step down from our living room into the playroom and he had worked hard to use his train tracks and blocks to create a level bridge even with that step down! I think we may have a future engineer on our hands! I could not believe the level of concentration and attention to detail it took for him to do this but thought it was pretty impressive for a 4 year old!
I sure love how my kids are always surprising and amazing me with their talents! Being a mom is just so special:)

No comments: