The Henry Family

Friday, July 10, 2009

Will Has Big Boy Hair!

Will has not had any kind of a haircut since he was born. He will be 2 on July 27. This is strange for us as Madeline has always had a lot of hair and had her first haircut at 6 months! In the past six months or so, he has grown some beautiful curls that we really enjoyed. But, the curls are starting to get out of control, especially in our South Arkansas humidity and heat!
Here is the side view of the curls:

Here is the back view. If he was a girl, he would probably have beautiful ringlets:)

So, yesterday, we took him to my salon and had our friend, Michelle, give him his first haircut. He was not into it at all. He had to sit in my lap and needed a sucker just to get through.
After getting the sucker, he did pretty well until she pulled out the clippers to trim up the sides and back. At that point, Nathan had to just hold his head still and let him cry. But, it was over quickly and I could not believe how much older he looked!
Here is the side view:
and here is the back view. I miss the pretty curls but also think the big boy look is just adorable! I may be biased, but I just think he is the most handsome little boy:)

2 comments:

Mike, Kacy & Wells said...

How cute is he with big boy hair? I'm sure it was hard to get rid of the curls, though. They grow up so fast after a haircut!

Susan said...

It's amazing how grown-up a haircut can make them look all of a sudden! Now that he's older (past the mullet-look-alike stage), I'm trying to grow Setler's out to a shaggy, surfer boy style, but Seth is NOT keen on it. His hair is just so fine! I might have to give in til he's older and it thickens up.